I have an extraditable warrant in NY but live in WA. Could this be handled from WA? Is a federal public defender an option?: Its a felony drug warrant for possession. I have no prior drug charges. I am from and currently reside in Washington state.

Michael’s answer: If this is a NY State charge than a federal public defender would not be an option. If you are arrested in Washington and New York wants you extradited, you can get appointed counsel here in Washington (assuming you are eligible) and can challenge extradition, but the odds will be against you. Your best bet is to retain counsel in NY to see if some kind appearance and quash is an option. Much better to appear voluntarily than to be arrested on your warrant. Good luck.

Call Now Button
Verified by MonsterInsights